FCA Insurance Brokers
Brokers at FCA have always been governed by the principle of “Our Policy – Your Protection”.
The professional standards of our regulatory RIBO act also confirm this concept, committing all licensed brokers to exacting standards of service, respect and confidentiality, to protect not only your personal assets, but also your personal data and privacy.
Purpose of Information Collection
- Understand your needs;
- Analyze the suitability of our insurance and financial products or services for you;
- Determine your eligibility for our products and services;
- Set up, manage and offer products and services that meet your needs;
- Provide you with ongoing service with accurate, current information;
- Guard against errors and fraud;
- Meet our legal and regulatory requirements; and
- Facilitate the underwriting process and insurance claims.
This information may be gathered from you, from other industry partners, such as insurance companies or brokers from credit organizations or from motor vehicle licensing and reporting authorities.
Limiting Information Collection
- Basic identification data such as name, address, birth date and contact numbers.
- Drivers licence number and conviction records
- Details about your home and its contents
- Credit and past payment records
- Claims history
- Medical information, where relevant to the type of insurance requested
- Financial records or statements
- Insurance companies
- Other brokers or agents
- Financial institutions with interests in your property
- Claims adjusters